14 basic rules and regulations of table tennis every beginners need
The table tennis is a game that is played between two players or two pairs. The rules of the table tennis game deal mainly with equipment, service or serve and invalid movements, but do you know the basic rules and regulations of table tennis?
Basic rules and regulations of table tennis
There are many rules and tactics for playing table tennis. Dear table tennis players, you must know the 14 basic rules and regulations of table tennis before starting. Otherwise, you will kick out from the match. The 14 rules are:
- The basic equipment is two paddles or rackets, a smooth table with a net that divides the table in half and ping pong balls.
- The upper surface of the ping pong table will be rectangular with a length of 2’74m and a width of 1’525m; it will be located 76 cm from the ground.
- The ball has to be spherical, with a diameter of 40mm and a weight of 2’7g white or orange but always matt.
- A play is a period during which the ball is in play. A goal is a play whose result is scored; a reversal is a play whose result is not scored.
- The first player to draw (service) is determined randomly. Each player or pair will draw twice after passing the serve to the opposing player or pair.
- For individual games, the white lines on the table mean nothing, but in pairs, they each draw diagonally from right to left following the lines are drawn on the table.
- The player or pair that starts on one side in a game must change sides in the next game of the game. Always start with odd games. In the last game of the game, the players or pairs will change sides when the first player or pair scores 5 points.
- A service is performed by placing the ball in the palm. It is thrown at least 16cm in height and is hit so that it gives the first boat on the network side of the player it serves. After this first pot, the ball must bounce on the opponent’s side before it hits him with his shovel.
- Once the ball is in play, the rally period begins. Each player hits the ball to pass it to the opponent’s side, can go from one side to another indefinitely.
- When a player hits the ball, he can not bounce on his side, but he can give a pot on the opponent’s side.
- A player wins a point if the ball hits two or more pots on the opponent’s side. If the opponent shots the ball and it falls off the table without it has thrown on the other side or hit the other player or if the opponent hits the ball and first bounces on his side of the table.
- While the ball is in play, it is not allowed to move the table or touch it with any part of the object other than the shovel. It will be a point for the opposing team.
- A player or pair will win a game when they reach 11 points with a difference of 2 points over the opponent.
- The match will consist of an odd number of games of 3, 5 or 7 games depending on the competition and the winner will be the one that previously exceeds half of the games won.
Take note and memorize all basic rules and regulations of table tennis described up. Don’t forget to share with your team members.