In tennis, players are confronted with different and recurring problems that need to know how to solve. There are five basic situations:
- I have to respond to the opponent’s service
- My opponent and I find ourselves on the goal lines
- Attack or net game a passing game when the opponent attacks or is located in the network.
A good tennis lesson is based on the following points
Methodology: Often use the model GAG and alternates game (global) with exercises (analytical). Assign tasks that allow you to do many of the contrasting experiences and lessons will prepare the students (in groups or a workout stations). Do you often make practical demonstrations and provide explanations with the help of images and metaphors.
Position: When playing on the end line should be positioned away from the impact point of the ball (often beginners are too close to this area). The best position is the angle bisector of the likely trajectory that will travel the opposing ball.
Points of impact: The ball can be hit after being bounced once to the ground in both elevation (difficult), that at the highest point or falls while (simple). For beginners it is recommended to play the ball while falling, what allows them to buy time to assess the trajectory.
The right step
Being able to distribute the ball well depends on the ability to respond to services. Some useful tips:
- If you are right-handed you have the basket to your left.
- Pick up three or four balls to prevent interruption of rhythm and giocale directly. This way you can be more precise in the distribution.
- Do not opt for extreme grips. The risk of giving excessive effect of the ball is too big and for the students of King gene balls are too difficult. Usually the balls with a slight backward rotation are easier to play.
- With beginners, approached the net and initially launches slowly and more precisely, then increases the pace.
- Not always run from the same position and play balls with appropriate trajectories.
- For beginners it is much easier to throw with the hand with the racket.
- Choose the type of launch based on the tactical objectives of the players and teaches them to adapt to different situations.
The tactic of “traffic light”
The traffic light image is very useful to learn the principle of the game “red – yellow – green” and can be used both with children with the boys.
- Red means: Defend yourself, play slow balls (very curved trajectory) and tries to buy time!
- Yellow means: Build your own game and play a long ball, veil there or well placed!
- Green means: Build your own game and square the ball to win the point, or play in order to mislead your opponent!
With time, the individual progress lead to weigh the situations in another way. Beginners, for example, evaluate and approach situations differently than the good players.
Easier or more difficult
It can happen that the proposed exercise to re played is too easy or too difficult and both boring cases. For this, the exercises may be modified in several ways:
Adaptations related to space
- Reduce or expand the playing field.
- Adjust the height of the net using a rope.
- Individually choose the size of the target.
Adaptations related to the rules
- Change the way of counting the points, predict handicaps.
- Grant a single service ball.
- Use of the control strokes.
Adaptations related to the material
- Use softer balls, lighter or larger.
- Play with rackets lighter.
Adaptations related to the distribution of the balls
- Predict both launch that distribution of the balls.
- Adapt and vary the cadence.
- Adapt and change speed, height and direction.
If it facilitates or, on the contrary, it makes the game more difficult, the important thing is that the basic idea is always recognizable and live.